Friday 21 June 2013

My Favourite and Least Favourite Box Hair Dyes!



Hey Ladies!


I've been dying my hair since I was 12, some of you a probably thinking that's way too young but I had a good reason at the time. When I started Comprehensive School at Eleven I was diagnosed with JIA. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, I have to say it's a horrible thing to have whatever age you are but when you're just starting a new school it was a pretty horrible time for me. So after a year of barely being in school due to hospital appointments and operations, I decided that I needed to make a change.  My Mam has always dyed her hair and after explaining why I wanted to she agreed and that's when I got my first taste of having red hair! 

All this time later I still love going back to being a redhead, It just feels so liberating to me. 


So you may say I've tried a few hair dyes in my time. One thing to point out though is that I've never bleached my hair and wouldn't have a clue on how too! :-) 

Here are some of my favourite dyes to use and ones that I've learnt do not work for me!


My Faves!


L'oreal Feria - Gives great, intense colour. Definitely one to try if you're a fan of red hair. My hair feels shiny and soft after i've dyed it which is a great thing. I've had many compliments after using this dye, many from women who have a hard time keeping an intense red shade. 


 L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss - Just recently used this line and I have to say it has lovely brunette shades. They've just released a few more that look amazing!  I've had no problems with this line and I'd definitely keep using it. 


 Clairol Perfect 10 - Great if you have to be quick, it definitely does what it says.  It's slightly less comfortable when on and can be a bit itchy than the others but I put that down to it being faster acting. Some lovely shades.



Least Faves!



Garnier Olia - I've tried this one a few times but I always come back with the same results. The colours good but I always have greasy hair when I've washed it out and every wash after that my bath water turns colour and I stain my towels. It's a pain to be honest and I won't be repurchasing. 


Live Color XXL - I also get stains from this dye to but not only that I find it very uncomfortable when using and I find that it becomes dull after a few washes. 



Dyes I want To Try



John Frieda -  I haven't tried any of the John Frieda Hair Colouring line but I've heard some good things so it's on my list, the one problem is that the colour range isn't very large. 


L'oreal Mousse Absolue - Another one I'm excited to try and I love the look of the red shades. It seems like a great product and though it's more expensive than the other dyes I buy, I'll be picking it up on offer at some point :-)

This is just my own opinion though, have you tried any of these dyes?

Do you have a favourite line that you use?


Linzi xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment