Tuesday 6 November 2012

REVIEW - GOSH - Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen - Carbon Black

Hullo Beautiful People! 

I've had a long love for eyeliner and my go to product is the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink...although I think I'd love any of the colours.

 I'd stopped using eye liner pens back last year when I found that I was better at applying gel liners. I recently wanted to try one though as my technique has gotten better ;-)

I remembered that I bought this GOSH Eye Liner Pen earlier in the year on a 3 for 2 offer. At the time I put it right at the back of my box and didn't think of it again until recently. 


I actually adore the applicator brush on this product.  It's pointed and quite sturdy. I love that the pointed end gives you the ability to create a fine line, making a cat eye look super easy and flawless


One flaw to this product is that, whilst being very dark going on it does lighten when dry. That means that I like to put an extra layer on which darkens it enough for my liking. For me that isn't a problem as I like to take my time when applying my makeup but it could be a little annoying when your in a rush. 

Something you could do to help is to apply a little bit a matte black eyeshadow over it when its wet. Just to give it a bit a depth if you're into a very dark look. 




The amazing thing about this product is that it actually does what it sets out to do. It's extremely long wearing. 

I find it lasts a good 6 - 7 hours on me. Not as long as Bobbi Brown but definitely better than some of the other drugstore/highstreet brands that I had tried back last year. 

It can be a bit hard to remove when just using makeup wipes but It comes of fine with an oil based remover. 

This sells for £6.49 in Superdrug stores. 

Here's a link and it's actually on a 3 for 2 offer at the moment! 

Hope you're all having a good week and that you enjoyed Guy Fawkes Night  :-) 

I'm off to watch the new series of American Horror Story !

Linzi xxx





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That might be because it hadn't dried enough when I took the picture hun, It doesn't stay like that :-)

      Delete
  2. Ohh this one looks awesome! Wish I lived in the UK!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh no you don't....not with all this bad weather!! xxx

      Delete