Wednesday 5 September 2012

BOOK REVIEW - Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire





"Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire"

Some time ago while searching through the Goodreads website I found this book, at the time I wasn't that interested and it completely slipped my mind. Then a few weeks ago whilst in Asda I came across it.

 Right now they are doing a lot of the "If you loved Fifty Shades, You'll Love this"  stickers, this was one of them. 

In my opinion they where WAY off! The only thing it really had in common with Fifty Shades was that "Obsessive Romance" that's very popular at the moment. 

The two main characters Abby and Travis had great chemistry and their story was very addictive.

 Unlike Fifty Shades, I didn't find this to be sexually graphic at all, there was sex scenes which were very well written but I wouldn't say they where anything more graphic than a Susan Andersen or Julia Quinn novel, it was hot but nothing that made my think...that's a bit risque.... 

The only thing I could say that I didn't like was the violent scenes... don't worry, the violence wasn't between the two main characters. One of the main aspects of the story is that Travis is part of a local fighting club so there is a lot of description of violence. 

All in all if your going through the post fifty shades blues then this is a great romance to read but pick it up for that alone...don't expect this to be as erotic. 

I found this to be well written and I did fall slightly in love with Travis and his intense ways :-) 

Have you read this?? Loved or hated it??

Linzi xxx


3 comments:

  1. There is something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Interesting :-) I shall take a look!!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Very interesting book. Love romances.Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete